The NAACP Scholarship Fund is established to assist and encourage young students
who are about to enter an institution of higher learning. Students must reside and attend school in Genesee County.
Applications must be received or postmarked by January 11, 2020
Candidates will be notified by mail and asked to appear before an interview panel on February 7, 2020. Before one can receive the nomination, he or she must have proof of being accepted by an accredited college, university or technical school.
Individuals receiving an award will be notified by mail on or before February 14, 2020. The awardees will also be asked to attend or have their parent/guardian attend the NAACP Freedom Fund Dinner on March 14, 2020. The “pledge” for the award will be given at the dinner. The actual monetary grant will be made after the satisfactory completion of the awardees first semester. The amount of the grant may vary in accordance with the funds and sources available.
- Be a graduating senior from a Flint or Genesee County high school.
- Be a United States citizen that resides in Genesee County.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (C+) or better.
- Must be accepted or anticipate being accepted in an accredited college/university or trade school.
*NAACP membership and participation is highly desirable
Please submit the following with your completed, typed application:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (relatives are not permitted)
- One (1) Academic reference
- One (1) Personal character reference
- One (1) Community service reference – Advisor/Coordinator
- Current official high school transcript (sealed envelope only)
- Copy of application for admission or letter of acceptance from college/university
- Essay (see last page for instructions)
- Copy of NAACP membership card or receipt of membership if available
- Copy of ACT and/or SAT Score Report (unofficial copy is permissible)
- Current Resume (Include: Academic Honors, Extracurricular Activities, Leadership, and Community Service)